Attention Prospective Live-Ins
The ultimate college-based firefighting experience is within your reach!
Living in or moving to the area to attend school at the University of Maryland or any of our other surrounding Colleges or Universities in the fall of 2020?
Our station is located on the campus of the University of Maryland, College Park. Located directly above the apparatus bays, the Sackroom is designed like a campus dormitory. Each semester, we have space for up to twenty-four full-time student volunteers living in the Sackroom. In exchange for their housing, they are assigned to duty shifts. The Sackroom has twelve two-person, fully furnished, dormitory-style rooms.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Stipend Incentive Through our FEMA SAFER Grant
- Free and Exclusive Training
- An Unrivaled Brother & Sisterhood
- Unparalleled Fire/EMS Experience Gained Through High Call Volume
- A World-Wide Network of Alumni
- Proximity and Access to the University of Maryland Campus
- Top-Notch and Ever Progressing Facility
- And Much More!
If you are interested in joining us in the fall of 2020 as a live-in or active member, now is the time to act! The application process for the 2020 Summer Bunkwing program that we use to get new members trained and turned over before the beginning of the semester is underway!